Well this is it, here goes nothing. Random Delusions pretty much says it all. I need a place to randomly comment on my life and the world and about whatever pops into my head at random moments.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

As a child I thought the world was a beautiful playground built just for my pleasure.

As an adolescent I learned the world was a cold and hard place that must be fought to survive.

As an adult I fought the world and with each paved road I drove and with each dollar I placed in my accounts I gained power over it.

As an older person I learned that the paved roads were getting longer and the dollars in my accounts had grown colder.

As I reached the last leg of my journey I began to see the beautiful playgrounds of my youth, there for just my pleasure, were dying.

As I lay on my bed and think of my childhood, what I see are blue skies and green grasses and fuchsia flowers and regret that I did not do something for them.

As I look down on the world I see remnants of the beautiful playgrounds and think that it is too bad that it was wasted by me.

No comments: